1. I was asked if we drove by car from Belgium to New York
2. Somebody in Arizona asked me what language was spoken in England. English and England didn't ring a bell.
3. When we visited the Empire State building the guide who had heard that we were coming from Belgium asked us if Belgium was a city of Brussels.
4. I also was asked if latin is still spoken in Rome
5. Coming back from Germany by train, I had forgotten my passport with my friends and I was arrested and escorted by two policemen to their office because they thought I had run away from home and I was still a minor. All passengers squeezed their noses against the windows to see what happened to this girl !
6. I was arrested and locked in a cell because I drove over the French border without a passport. I hadn't realized that I was already in France when I arrived at the border control. I had to wait there until they had contacted the German Embassy in Brussels. (Today there are no borders anymore !)
7. I was sommond by my son's school director, because he had bought a "Playboy" magazine which caused a scandal in his catholic school. Have to say my son was only 11 years old and had bought it for older friends. He himself found the magazine boring, because there were only girls in it.
8. I was called by the hospital (out of an important meeting) because my son had fallen on his head and claimed loud (very loud) for his "Hulk" (remember the green monster ?) otherwise he wouldn't calm down and sleep. Hulk (don't ask me why he didn't prefer a plush animal to sleep with !)
9. I had locked my car, leaving the keys inside. I tried to get the door open with a long knitting needle, while a group of people watched me braking into a car in the middle of the Grand' Place in Brussels. Nobody called the police, they were to busy to see if I managed it. I did.
10. I was locked in a hotel, the entrance door was closed and I had to leave very early in the morning to drive to Italy. So I climbed out of an open window on the roof, jumped down, got in my car and drove away. But I had paid before !
11. I drove Mr. Gattino and his friend home from a party, while they were both vomiting out of the window. They had celebrated too much.
12. I had to get up at 3 am to wash my son's clothes because he had felt in a cesspit and the whole house smelled roses. He had taken a "shorter" way through a cow field.
13. I had to carry buckets and buckets of water to slack a fire on the field behind our house, while the neighbors called the firemen. My son had only wanted to do a little camp fire with his friend. Unfortunately it became a very big one ! He was 6 years old. (no worry he is now a nice man !)