According to statistics (don't ask me who had made them) Christmas is an occasion for family fights.
On Christmas the family gets together and therefore Grandma and Grandpa are arriving in your home in order to celebrate a nice and harmonious Christmas.
When they arrive :
1. Grandma looks around and asks "when have you dusted the last time ?" and Grandpa asks, "why are the coats all hanging here, don't you have a wardrobe and all these shoes laying around ! At my time we had to put our shoes on a shelve !"
2. Grandma says "where are the children, are they gone again ?" (pointing out "again" as if they had to live in the streets) and Grandpa adds "at least when we are arriving they could be at home"!
3. They all argue about where to put the wrapped gifts. Each family member has a space under the tree. Grandpa wants to be on the right side, Grandma too, children on all places and you start to get desesperated.
4. Grandpa says " you bought an old tree" and Grandma adds " it's loosing its needles already !" and "why didn't you take the golden decoration from last year instead of this new ugly red one ?"
5. Looking at their gifts which finally found a place under the Christmas tree Children say "what ? is that all ?"
6. Parents roll eyes to heaven (nobody helps)
7. Grandpa states " the youth of today wants always more ! at my time (when was his time ???) we were happy with a few oranges and a wooden horse.
8. Child said "Pff, wooden horse, I prefer a real one"
9. Grandfather said " then learn at school and find a good job and then you can buy yourself a horse !" and with a disdainful look to parents adds "they ...cannot afford it"
10. Grandma found the turkey "isn't it a bit small ?" and Grandpa "how big is it ?" Parents tell "xxx" Grandma "what, thats too much" Grandpa said, "I don't want to eat turkey for a whole week, (a whole week ??? Help !) children say "we don't like turkey"
11.Grandma in the kitchen "let me do it, you cannot do it I saw it last year !" Grandpa said "No, she does it, after all we are the guests" "No I do !" "No she does" etc. Grandma runs crying out of the kitchen.
12. Parents run behind "Please come back, you can do it"
13. Grandpa shouts "every year the same, I wonder why we are coming here when we are not welcome !"
Probably it could go on for a while but my 13. points are finished !