13 SYMPTOMS OF A RETIRED MAN
1. he grumbles about the way you peel the potatoes and that there is too much waste. When you ask him to show you how he does it, he cuts himself in his finger and the kitchen is full of blood.
2. he checks (when you have done it) that the bed is made correctly, the towles are folded and put in the closet but when he has to do it for a week, he doesn't care anymore and can suddenly sleep in an unmade bed and live with unfolded towles in the closets.
3. he insists to check the filter of the vacuum cleaner and doesn't find out how, turns the thing around and around and drops finally the dirty filter on the floor. Dust everywhere. He thinks about buying a second vaccuum cleaner, to vacuum the dust of the first one.
4. he wonders why the mailbox has to be emptied everyday. He hadn't realized that there was a mailbox, because the mail always lay on the table.
5. he wonders why the garbadge hadn't been picked up and the bottles and cartons not been taken.He calls angrily the city and complains loudly and is all astonished to hear that there are certain garbadge dates to be respected. He does a sophisticated table with the dates in his computer, and mixes up the garbadge which he put out on the wrong dates.
6. he is quite asthonished that he has to put dirty socks, shirts, shorts etc. in the laundry basket to be washed, instead of distributing them on the floor as for the past 35 years.
7. he complains that the washing machine turns such a long time and is consuming electricity, but didn't dare to suggest to wash it all by hand.
8. he proposes to wash up the dirty dishes to safe water and electricity instead of using the dishwasher, but gives it up after one day.
9. he suddenly realizes that somebody has to do the grocery shopping otherwise there is no food on the table. During the whole week he works at this list and then forgets half of the shoppings.
10. he wonders that breakfast doesn't come alone on the table and that it has to be prepared and therefore somebody has to get up. He prepares a "to make breakfast" date list in his computer and forgot to switch on the coffee machine.
11. he wonders how many pans and pots are used for cooking, especially when he has to wash them up and pretends that he can do it with only one pot. Result a completely messed up kitchen which took 2h to clean.
12. he is really surprised that windows have to be cleaned to be able to look through
13. he should admit (if he is honnest) that household "work" is work too !
(These are facts I collected from my friends.) Of course I have nothing to complain about.