1. When I go with one to an Exposition and she talks for an hour about her intestines and the troubles she has with her constipation, describing everything in details, while I look at the paintings.
2. When one talks all the time about her skin and body and what kind of cremes she uses, while we are sitting in a cinema and waiting for a movie to start and everybody listens.
3. When one praises her son and what an important man he had become and the wonderful studies he had made, forgetting that the guy had spent 9 years at University payed by the parents of course.
4. When one starts to speak with a group of youngsters having fun on the street and just wants to behave the same, and they are making fun of her, which of course she doesn't realize.
5. When one behaves like a foolish, giggeling girl when she sees some young men. (and I cross-eyed, behind her, looking to heaven have to excuse her).
6. When one makes big sweet cow eyes to seduce a young man and he doesn't know what to do not to be unpolite.
7. When one absolutely wants to convince me to stop smoking and tells me horrendous stories about people she know and died from lung cancer
8. When one is talking about her weight all the time and has no other conversation. For example I talk about the world's end and she still finds a way to direct the conversation to her weight.
9. When one asks me to do the shopping for her and always forget that usually when you buy something you have also to pay.
10. When one spends a nice week-end in my house and then disappears for months without even saying "thank you" and then suddenly shows up as if she had seen me yesterday
11. When one talks about her wonderful husband all the time and I know that he makes eyes on every skirt passing by, me included.
12. When one says that her daughter is telling her everything, I think that is so pretentious, and I know that the daughter doesn't say everything !
13. I have to say that none of these belong to my real friends !
"Dear, if you're gonna pad your bra with Kleenex, take them out of the box first."
I saw this note this morning :
End of Thursday Thirteen. "Regarding the questions about continuing the Thursday Thirteen, no interested parties have approached me to discuss purchasing the rights to it."
I don't know if TT is protected by copyright. But to avoid any problems why don't we just continue as before and call it NEW THURSDAY THIRTEEN or THIRTEEN 1/2 ? I would do it, but I think I am too new and not enough experienced. What do you think about this idea and who would be interested to do it ?