13 POLITE LIES
Pookie would always say the truth, look at her face !
1. When I am invited to a party and somebody greats me asking for news about my son and I really don't remember this person, because I rarely recognize a face, I can't say : I have never seen you !
2. When somebody asks me what I think about her new dress and it has horizontal stripes which makes her even fatter than she is, I can't say, you look like an oversized cow.
3. When I meet people I can't stand at all in a public place, I still have to be at least polite
4. When I go to a funeral and I know that my friend is not sad at all because her husband died (she had wished his death at least once a day) I can't go to her at church and say : Youpie ! he finally is dead ! No, I have to make a sad face and hug her while she squeezes a tissu against her (dry) eyes. At home of course we can celebrate the happy event (don't be shocked he was a monster !)
5. When I am invited for a supper and the plate really doesn't look very appetizing, I have to smile and pretend it is delicious
6. When I meet some VIP politicians of the city for an official event and I really cannot stand this guy I have to clench my teeth and shake hands with a friendly smile
7. When a mother proudly shows me a picture of her son, I can't say : it's a pitty that he is so ugly
8. When I meet somebody in the street I haven't seen for a long while and think she really looks like an old wrinkled appel now, I have to say : You really look great !
9. When sombody shows me his slides for one hour and you see only children or family in all situations and you have never seen them before, you can't say "that's boring can't you stop and show me something interesting ?"
10. When a mother praises the extraordinary qualities of her child and it is just rolling on the floor screeming and flailing furiously, I can't tell her that he is a spoilt brat.
11. When somebody tells me that she has died again for the 1000 time I can hardly say to her, but you are still alive.
12. When somebody tells me 3 or 4 times the same story I can't say "you told me that already 3 times" I just have to wait until it's over.
12.When a notorious womanizer marries a girl I know and she says at her wedding "with me he will change" I can't tell her that I have serious doubts.