The "taxi" adventure started already at home
1. The taxi we had ordered arrived 20 min late because the driver couldn't find our street. Then he didn't know the highway to the airport, he was new ! Mr. Gattino started to have half an attack he already suffered from travel fever.
2. The hotel taxis were limousines (!) The first time I ordered one at the reception and went out looking for a huge, long, black car with bar inside and dark windows, I found myself in front of a very normal everybody's car called "limousine" by the Egyptians.
3. All official taxis were very old Peugots from the 70th blue and white
4. Rules for taking it : Make your testament, step in, sit down, close your eyes.
5. Don't touch any handle it may remain in your hand
6. Don't fasten the seat belt it may fall on your knees
7. Don't touch a window : if it's open it won't close, if it's closed it wouldn't open.
8. Check the seat, you may sit on a metal spiral spring or on a hole
9. Don't look at the driver, he may use his mobile, rewinding a cassette by putting a pen in the hole and swinging it around or just talking with a friend who is taxi driver too, driving side by side at 60 km/h.
10. Don't bother when he doubles a bus on the right (for british and australians on the left) while another taxi is in the middle. All 3 cars with 1 m space
11. Don't worry either when suddenly he stops for no apparent reason and you almost land in his neck.
12. It is very normal to drive at 90 km/h where only 50 are allowed
13. Don't forget to pay the price you had haggled before getting in the car while you try to keep your trembling legs steady.